Unemployed Florida

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  MiamiVice on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:47 pm

what is going on with this stupid AWI? are they going to let us drown in misery and debts? when are they gonna post something on their site? i still cannot believe that they said mid-december, are they JOKING or what? Mad Mad
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 pm

michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LJ on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:04 pm

There is a new link that allows you to check your EUC3 potential elgibility

LJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 pm

LJ wrote:There is a new link that allows you to check your EUC3 potential elgibility

Great! How do we find it?
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

Post  LJ on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 pm

www.fluidnow.com

then click “home”
Then you will see this new tab in the right hand corner.

No online claim form for EUC3 at this time.

LJ

Back to top Go down

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post  GonzoFL on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm sure there are still a few here that haven't completely exhausted all their EB as of yet. I have 2 weeks EB left,but after I used the link LJ provided...I found something that is a bit alarming:

If you are currently receiving EB benefits, we will automatically establish an EUC3 claim for you when the programming is complete and we will send you a determination notice of benefits. *Any EB benefits paid for weeks after November 8, 2009 will be deducted from your EUC3 benefits*.

Good Gawd,is there any more hidden glitches and clauses that haven't raised their ugly heads yet with this tier III? I realize I'm not loosing a fortune,but what the hell? Did anyone know anything about this little surprise? What new surprise awaits on the horizon?......will Lassie find Timmy in the well?.....will the astro glide arrive before the unemployed take the big pickle again?.....Stay tuned as the continuing saga unfolds Evil or Very Mad
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 pm

OK, i went there and checked that link, yes indeed, you can check your new EUC eligibility, which i did, and tells me that as i have exhausted all of the euc's, uc's and eb' and all the works, i would be elifible for the new EUC but not until beg. of December we should be able to apply and receive instructions on how to apply, and it's only November 14, can you believe this? Gonzo, this is truly INSANE, what is this Crist that we have for Governor doing? just thinking on his Senate bid? and forgetting about the people of Florida sinking each day more and more in turbulent waters of debt and despair? i am sooo exhausted already that i don't know what the he-- i am going to do.

WHere is UIO?????????????? We need your Input, UIO! Please ! Sad
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr too

Post  Hoppy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:31 pm

GonzoFL wrote:I'm sure there are still a few here that haven't completely exhausted all their EB as of yet. I have 2 weeks EB left,but after I used the link LJ provided...I found something that is a bit alarming:

If you are currently receiving EB benefits, we will automatically establish an EUC3 claim for you when the programming is complete and we will send you a determination notice of benefits. *Any EB benefits paid for weeks after November 8, 2009 will be deducted from your EUC3 benefits*.

Good Gawd,is there any more hidden glitches and clauses that haven't raised their ugly heads yet with this tier III? I realize I'm not loosing a fortune,but what the hell? Did anyone know anything about this little surprise? What new surprise awaits on the horizon?......will Lassie find Timmy in the well?.....will the astro glide arrive before the unemployed take the big pickle again?.....Stay tuned as the continuing saga unfolds Evil or Very Mad

I too followed the link and read the above (red) paragraph!!! I have $4,400 in my account because I just started my EB. I can't believe they are going to deduct from the Tier 3 EUC and not use my remaining balance at all! I thought I would be on EB until January 2, 2010 which is the cut off date! I feel somehow cheated, ripped off, betrayed, screwed to the wall Twisted Evil

...will the astro glide arrive before the unemployed take the big pickle again? LOL what does that mean Gonzo?
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:47 pm

GonzoFL wrote:What new surprise awaits on the horizon?......will Lassie find Timmy in the well?.....will the astro glide arrive before the unemployed take the big pickle again?.....

I just spit water all over my desk laughing so hard bahahahahahhahaa lol! lol! lol!
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Hoppy wrote:
GonzoFL wrote:I'm sure there are still a few here that haven't completely exhausted all their EB as of yet. I have 2 weeks EB left,but after I used the link LJ provided...I found something that is a bit alarming:

I too followed the link and read the above (red) paragraph!!! I have $4,400 in my account because I just started my EB. I can't believe they are going to deduct from the Tier 3 EUC and not use my remaining balance at all! I thought I would be on EB until January 2, 2010 which is the cut off date! I feel somehow cheated, ripped off, betrayed, screwed to the wall Twisted Evil

...will the astro glide arrive before the unemployed take the big pickle again? LOL what does that mean Gonzo?

Well granted EUC is Emergency Unemployment Compensation, meaning Emergency for those who have exhausted their benefits and are flat broke with no job...

Believe it or not thats why 3548 was introduced because they looked ahead and saw how many people would be with nothing in the near future. It was not created and made into law as an extra cushion for the recently unemployed or the people with EUC 1&2 with EB to follow.

I would consider myself lucky to still have $4000 in credits in my account scratch
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:08 pm

UIO wrote: Believe it or not thats why 3548 was introduced because they looked ahead and saw how many people would be with nothing in the near future. It was not created and made into law as an extra cushion for the recently unemployed or the people with EUC 1&2 with EB to follow.

I would consider myself lucky to still have $4000 in credits in my account

Yes, UIO, I understand and I didn't mean to sound ungrateful! I was shocked because all those credits are going to be 'gone' so to speak and it was a surprise. I thought my EB would continue until the end of the year. scratch
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Well it sounds like it the EB extension cutoff doesnt kick in then EUC 3 would cover the difference for you, hopefully you can continue where it leaves off and be assured 16 more weeks of benefits left.
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lassie and the pickle

Post  sherbetarchitect on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 pm

I followed the link (I'm one of the exhausted everything group) and found neither Lassie or the Pickle but rather a Carrot that is dangling in front of me that I can't eat till SOMETIME IN DECEMBER. I just keep praying it's before I have to pay rent but that would need to be December 5. One point I don't think anyone clarified - it will be retro back to the 14th. The first payable week. It does say that in a FAQ somewhere. I didn't imagine it I SWEAR. And I didn't put anyone in a well and I don' t usually even eat pickles so there.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:27 am

I am going to check this out with Sen Nelson's office on Monday, but it seems to me that since you had to have exhausted all the federal benefits before you could apply for the Fl extension they are just bouncing everyone who qualifies back on the federal money. I guess they are hoping that many of us will go back to work before exhausting the benefits of this new federal extension. If not, then you will be recredited with the unused portion of the Fl benefits.
If I am correct the silver lining is not having to report work search information for the next 20 weeks. I know a person who entered the name of an employer he had applied to where he was one of over 400 applicants who lined up and submitted applications for 25 jobs. AWI randomly chose that employer to call and verify his work search only to be told that they had no record of receiving his application. It seems the employer does not keep applications on file, so after selecting the lucky 25 they discarded the others. He appealed the disqualification and lost. I shudder to thinking how much it cost AWI to avoid paying him $275.00

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  sharonB on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I called the extension hotline and asked them a few questions. This was the beginning of last week. Every time you call, you will get a different answer. One told me that I can apply any time I want. Thing is, if I did, I may have ended up with LESS than the $275 per week. I decided to hold off. I wonder how many people DID re apply? He also did not know when the payable date started. It is the week ending the 14th. Today. So, all who is exhausted, including myself since Sept 9th, will be paid from the week ending the 14th on until whatever day we can apply for this. Not being able to recieve any income until Dec. sometime is a real punch in the gut for me. Being a single parent and my last check for $300 was beginning of Sept. I may be in the streets by the time it arrives. Christmas already has my sad and depressed and possibly homeless. 4-6 weeks on top of the long wait........ inbelieveable
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  bittybear on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:45 pm

[quote="Unemployed In Orlando

Believe it or not thats why 3548 was introduced because they looked ahead and saw how many people would be with nothing in the near future. It was not created and made into law as an extra cushion for the recently unemployed or the people with EUC 1&2 with EB to follow.

:[/quote]

Not "with EB to follow"... EB phases out January 2... Whatever tier you're in now, when that is exhausted (if it's after the first of the year), that's it. No More.

Bittybear

bittybear

Back to top Go down

Post  bittybear on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:51 pm

grandmom49 wrote:I am going to check this out with Sen Nelson's office on Monday, but it seems to me that since you had to have exhausted all the federal benefits before you could apply for the Fl extension they are just bouncing everyone who qualifies back on the federal money. I guess they are hoping that many of us will go back to work before exhausting the benefits of this new federal extension. If not, then you will be recredited with the unused portion of the Fl benefits.

It's ALL federal money (EB, too), so what's the point? My conclusion is that they just wanted good news circulating for this last round of elections, but before the ugly details could be hashed out.

I'm sure that's not gonna happen. There was something in the state law (EB) indicating that there would be no payments after the end of the year. (Actually, I think it was the week ending January 2).

Bittybear

bittybear

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:10 pm

bittybear wrote:[quote="Unemployed In Orlando

:

Not "with EB to follow"... EB phases out January 2... Whatever tier you're in now, when that is exhausted (if it's after the first of the year), that's it. No More.

Bittybear[/quote]

If you would read the previous posts you would see I was referring to an individual who mentioned the EUC 3 amounts decreasing for each EB week claimed....

People who recently went on EB still will be able to claim almost a third of the appropriated benefits, six weeks left before expiration. Then they would move onto EUC 3. Merged together the EB and EUC 3 for those in that situation would play out just like a EB claim. No added extensions.
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Extended Benefits SNAFU

Post  nancym on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm not quite sure if I fully understand everyone's comments on the subject of the EB "overlap" that apparently has just surfaced that will affect people who are still getting or just starting EB, but I'll throw caution to the winds and comment anyway. Wink

If the AWI posting in the individual accounts reported here holds true, that would mean that as of Nov 8, 2009, EB in Florida is, in effect, dead, instead of it living through Jan 2, 2010 as it is legislated, or even a cutoff just prior to Dec 31 to allow claimants to be eligible for Tier 3.

Setting aside any views about what's fair, unfair, intended by the legislation or not, I find it hard to understand how this is actually legal under Florida law. If their rationale is that they will continue EB up til Dec 31, thus fulfilling Florida law, but then subtract that amount (up to eight weeks) from Tier 3, then I fail to see how that is legal under federal law! I kinda wonder if NELP knows about this little wrinkle, and has anyone heard of any other state doing this?

Even though Congress had to draw a line somewhere because of funding this particular bill and the lines drawn as seen from the ground here can seem a bit arbitrary, for Florida to deliberately grab the EUC money to fill in on a renege of EB money seems just bizarre.

This doesn't affect me personally (except for what I expect to be a flood of questions to moderate here on the board!). But if I were someone eligible for or collecting EB right now, with a notice of 20 weeks eligible but a cutoff of Dec 31, I would be expecting to get eight weeks of EB available from the week of Nov 8, plus when that is cut off by the state deadline, the 14 weeks of Tier 3--"as advertised." So now those people, if this line from AWI is correct, would get a total of only 14 weeks, essentially all of us exhaustees and those on EB now ending at the same time on Feb 13. I would think most are or were making decisions about renting, mortgage, education, etc., all based on a longer safety net of 22 weeks! Of course someone like Gonzo would be out just 2 weeks, so it would be a range. As we all know, 2-8 weeks can make a big difference when the bills are already overdue.

I even wonder if the bill's sponsors know about this. For that matter, I don't even see how AWI has the power to make such a decision outside of Florida legislative action. Normally I'm one who gives everyone the benefit of the doubt until it's no longer possible. Maybe there's some obscure legal point that would not allow EB claims to run out and switch over to Tier 3 at the end of the year, but why force everyone off EB early, even those who would run out before the end of the year?

It's just mind-boggling. What a Face
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppy on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:33 pm

nancym wrote:I'm not quite sure if I fully understand everyone's comments on the subject of the EB "overlap" that apparently has just surfaced that will affect people who are still getting or just starting EB, but I'll throw caution to the winds and comment anyway. Wink

If the AWI posting in the individual accounts reported here holds true, that would mean that as of Nov 8, 2009, EB in Florida is, in effect, dead, instead of it living through Jan 2, 2010 as it is legislated, or even a cutoff just prior to Dec 31 to allow claimants to be eligible for Tier 3.

Setting aside any views about what's fair, unfair, intended by the legislation or not, I find it hard to understand how this is actually legal under Florida law. If their rationale is that they will continue EB up til Dec 31, thus fulfilling Florida law, but then subtract that amount (up to eight weeks) from Tier 3, then I fail to see how that is legal under federal law! I kinda wonder if NELP knows about this little wrinkle, and has anyone heard of any other state doing this?

Even though Congress had to draw a line somewhere because of funding this particular bill and the lines drawn as seen from the ground here can seem a bit arbitrary, for Florida to deliberately grab the EUC money to fill in on a renege of EB money seems just bizarre.

This doesn't affect me personally (except for what I expect to be a flood of questions to moderate here on the board!). But if I were someone eligible for or collecting EB right now, with a notice of 20 weeks eligible but a cutoff of Dec 31, I would be expecting to get eight weeks of EB available from the week of Nov 8, plus when that is cut off by the state deadline, the 14 weeks of Tier 3--"as advertised." So now those people, if this line from AWI is correct, would get a total of only 14 weeks, essentially all of us exhaustees and those on EB now ending at the same time on Feb 13.

I would think most are or were making decisions about renting, mortgage, education, etc., all based on a longer safety net of 22 weeks! Of course someone like Gonzo would be out just 2 weeks, so it would be a range. As we all know, 2-8 weeks can make a big difference when the bills are already overdue.

I even wonder if the bill's sponsors know about this. For that matter, I don't even see how AWI has the power to make such a decision outside of Florida legislative action. Normally I'm one who gives everyone the benefit of the doubt until it's no longer possible. Maybe there's some obscure legal point that would not allow EB claims to run out and switch over to Tier 3 at the end of the year, but why force everyone off EB early, even those who would run out before the end of the year?

It's just mind-boggling. What a Face

Thank you, Nancy! That was my initial reaction to reading the FAQ on AWI. I don't understand the logic of it. Any suggestions about who I might contact to verify the AWI information?

Thanks, as always, you are the voice of reason!
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:31 am

Nancy,

I wrote to NELP on Friday concerning this issue and I await their reply. I will let the lawyers scratch their heads on this one and post their reply when it arrives.
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 am

Hoppy--Personally I doubt that you'd be able to get clarification from AWI at this stage. Until they've digested their directive from the DOL, and then let their people on the ground know how to answer questions, it's probably futile to ask, just my gut feeling.

And I don't even know if DOL has published that directive yet. I read somewhere that a senator's office claimed it was BS that they were waiting for the feds (was that on this board?)--anyway, it's the usual finger-pointing on the delay that we should all be used to by now. Many of us will never forget their claim that they never got the directive about EB last spring til much later, when the date on the document that was available to us on the web was much earlier! I hope they've learned a bit of a lesson that we're all watching. So far at least they seem to be trying to get the information out on their website, a good thing, even though it's still either confusing or disappointing in some respects.
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:51 am

I am hoping that Sen Nelson's staff will help obtain the specific information we need. If you recall, he did respond when we called on him to help move the bill to a vote and then voted for passage. After the results of this last election, I think the last thing any Democrat wants is for state bureaucrats to delay delivering benefits they fought so hard to deliver and that the President stated when he signed the bill would be able to be applied for immediately. lol!

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 am

Her is a copy of the request I entered on Sen. Nelson's contact form and sent this morning regarding HR 3548

There is so much confusion regarding this bill I would appreciate any clarification you could provide. After signing the bill, Pres. Obama stated that applications would be available immediately, yet almost two weeks later and AWI has not issued any applications or updated information as to who qualifies to apply. They have also issued conflicting statements as to when the new benefits will be applied to accounts. Many claimants who still have monetary balances from the Florida Emergency benefits fear that the benefits granted by HR3548 will eliminate and replace their remaining balances. We all are hopeful that the economy will rebound and provide us with gainful employment, but need to be reassured that HR3548 and other bills passed previously will sustain us and our families until our hopes are realized. Please respond quickly as the stress generated by the lack of information is dismaying.
Sincerely,
Gwen Nolan

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Tier III extension: Who qualifies, when to expect it

Post  sc4ram on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down