Unemployed Florida

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  sherbetarchitect on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
sherbetarchitect wrote:My account updated from the no automated info message to 13 weeks on Thurs, July 9. On Fri, July 10 it updated to 20 weeks. No checks were issued. From everyone else's posts I thought a check would be issued the same day it updated to 20 weeks. I know that it will eventually get handled but like everyone else I'm in a crunch and desperately need to make some payments asap. I'm just nervous and seeking reassurance. Anyone else have theirs update to 20 weeks and a check not be issued immediately? IF so - how long was it before they issued the check.

Also - very appreciative of all the helpful info from the other board and here. I mostly lurk to find answers because usually someone posts what i need without me asking. Anyway - thanks everyone!

If your account updated today then a payment should show as issued after 3pm today. Please post if it doesnt and let us know but this has been the case most each and every time.

My account updated last Friday the 10th. As of 3:30 p.m. it shows 20 weeks and no checks issued. Trying to call good 'ol 800 number now. UGH. Anyone have advice on this?

sherbetarchitect

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:35 pm

sherbetarchitect wrote:
Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
sherbetarchitect wrote:My account updated from the no automated info message to 13 weeks on Thurs, July 9. On Fri, July 10 it updated to 20 weeks. No checks were issued. From everyone else's posts I thought a check would be issued the same day it updated to 20 weeks. I know that it will eventually get handled but like everyone else I'm in a crunch and desperately need to make some payments asap. I'm just nervous and seeking reassurance. Anyone else have theirs update to 20 weeks and a check not be issued immediately? IF so - how long was it before they issued the check.

Also - very appreciative of all the helpful info from the other board and here. I mostly lurk to find answers because usually someone posts what i need without me asking. Anyway - thanks everyone!

If your account updated today then a payment should show as issued after 3pm today. Please post if it doesnt and let us know but this has been the case most each and every time.

My account updated last Friday the 10th. As of 3:30 p.m. it shows 20 weeks and no checks issued. Trying to call good 'ol 800 number now. UGH. Anyone have advice on this?

Is your date to claim tomorrow 7/14? Also I agree with you and you should call 800-204-2418, the regular number, if you cant get through to anyone on the numbers posted in the number thread. Once you select english when prompted, hit 0, if it says no agents available because of call volume, then hit 5 then hit 0 again, repeat until it puts the call through Smile
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Discrimination against people living out of State?

Post  sherbetarchitect on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 pm

I just talked to AWI and was told that she had to print out something and give it to her supervisor because "only the supervisors" could handle my claim and get a check to me because I no longer live in Florida. When I had emergency unemployment it was never an issue that I lived outside of Florida. I applied on June 4 and had I not called her today it would've just sat there not getting done because she wasn't going to do anything unless I called her about it. I'm absolutely freaking out. I'm supposed to pay rent in two days and this money should've been in the bank. i have no way to go over her head cuz she claimed she couldn't give me her supervisors name. I asked if I was being discriminated against and she claimed I wasn't but couldn't explain why being out of State made me not get a check. She told me it could be another week or two before I actually see money. IF anyone has a direct number for someone I can call please give it to me. I am livid right now.

sherbetarchitect

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  sherbetarchitect on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 pm

sherbetarchitect wrote:I just talked to AWI and was told that she had to print out something and give it to her supervisor because "only the supervisors" could handle my claim and get a check to me because I no longer live in Florida. When I had emergency unemployment it was never an issue that I lived outside of Florida. I applied on June 4 and had I not called her today it would've just sat there not getting done because she wasn't going to do anything unless I called her about it. I'm absolutely freaking out. I'm supposed to pay rent in two days and this money should've been in the bank. i have no way to go over her head cuz she claimed she couldn't give me her supervisors name. I asked if I was being discriminated against and she claimed I wasn't but couldn't explain why being out of State made me not get a check. She told me it could be another week or two before I actually see money. IF anyone has a direct number for someone I can call please give it to me. I am livid right now.

Ok I got a hold of someone else that told me they just got the memo early this afternoon that Eb eligibility is also based on the State you reside in even tho the claim is in Florida. If you live in a state that is eligible for EB then you are eligible to be paid EB thru Florida. If you reside in a state that is not eligible for EB you will only receive two weeks of unemployment payments from Florida. Fortunately I live in NC and they are an EB state. However - my initial retro pmts are delayed because a supervisor has to complete the claims process after finalizing the eligibility determination.

UGH.

sherbetarchitect

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Good god sherbet, can they screw us around any more?? Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  sherbetarchitect on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:47 pm

WAhhhhhhh. That's all I can say. They hold the $&*#@$$% money for 60 days so they can earn all the interest possible. They hire Lord only knows who to answer phones and they can't tell us anything. They all give a million answers to the same basic questions and now here I sit fully qualified and have to wait till "the supervisor" who will remain nameless processes my payment. And it could be worse - I could've gone thru all of this and be a person that resides in a state that is not paying eb and then I would only get two weeks total of EB. I'm going to call them everyday till I get a check!

sherbetarchitect

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  A-A-A-A79 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 pm

When can I expect my first payment?
We have started making initial EB payments. If you have a pending eligible application, you should
receive your first payment within three weeks.

I have gone over and over this part of AWI's guidelines for EB, 3 weeks is realistic, but now some of us are going on 4-5 and still AWI has NO answers for us, or if they do, they all differ from each person you talk to which does not help at this point. I found myself calling again today to only find out that I am still being processed, at this point its not even about how much money I will be eligible for, I just want to know if I am eligible or a date that I will know something! I am a young mother of two great children and I have had the hardest year ever this past year with our huge economic crisis we all face, losing my beautiful home, my car, and too having to move into a small apartment to make ends meet, applying for every job that comes my way, only to find that in my line of work jobs are scarce and available jobs are given to those with many more years experience than I. I am losing hope in our government and I fear that things may get much worse!

A-A-A-A79

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 pm

A-A-A-A79 wrote:When can I expect my first payment?
We have started making initial EB payments. If you have a pending eligible application, you should
receive your first payment within three weeks.

I have gone over and over this part of AWI's guidelines for EB, 3 weeks is realistic, but now some of us are going on 4-5 and still AWI has NO answers for us, or if they do, they all differ from each person you talk to which does not help at this point. I found myself calling again today to only find out that I am still being processed, at this point its not even about how much money I will be eligible for, I just want to know if I am eligible or a date that I will know something! I am a young mother of two great children and I have had the hardest year ever this past year with our huge economic crisis we all face, losing my beautiful home, my car, and too having to move into a small apartment to make ends meet, applying for every job that comes my way, only to find that in my line of work jobs are scarce and available jobs are given to those with many more years experience than I. I am losing hope in our government and I fear that things may get much worse!

Hang in there, the latest word was that they were going to have all applicants in system by 7/17 friday. Once we are all over this hurdle we must take action towards our next crisis.
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:23 am

OK THIS IS FREAKING WEIRD!

I just called 800-204-2418, the system doesnt say anything about call blah blah blah for EB, then instead of asking to prompt in english or spanish it just says, enter your ssn, doesnt ask me to press pound. Then says no weeks available to claim press 1 to speak to a representative. Didnt ask me for my pin either. No menu to claim weeks, check claim, etc like normal. What the hell, have they changed something again!! Evil or Very Mad

*EDIT Just called back and it gives the EB number and then says business hours are 730am-630am, no other options.

*EDIT2 Screw that number! I finally spoke to someone, I posted in the claiming retro weeks thread about the current issues.


Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Called again)
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  sherbetarchitect on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 am

I tried to claim weeks and it told me my access to the weekly claim certification had been suspended. Keep in mind I'm one of the out of State people that will get nothing until a supervisor looks at my claim (which had already been partially processed). I'm so over this...UGh.

sherbetarchitect

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  LJ on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 am

I have the same issue. My weekly claim program is suspended until I am reviewed. My Wife and kids moved to my In Laws temporarily until I got back on my feet. I posted the PA addy on my account. AWI thinks I am out of state at this point. My residence is in Fort Myers, Fl area and always has been. I am in a state of shock as this hold up is going to be devestating financially for my family.

LJ

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:24 am

LJ and Sherbet, you would think they would have at least explained this in the determination letter or any of the other times you have spoken to them since filing for EB. This is just unexcusable!! Mad
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  LJ on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 am

@UIO: I actually read about this requirement online. I changed my address to my local Florida address as soon as I discovered this would be a problem back on June 2. They still grouped me in the out of state batch to be reviewed. I have lived in Tampa and Fort Myers since 2002. I called AWI and the Agent said there is nothing I can do till it is reviewed by a Supervisor. This is so wrong. I am a Fl resident.

LJ

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  sherbetarchitect on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:53 am

Honestly it's wrong whether or not you are a Florida resident. I didn't see this requirement until recently. Was it actually on there back on June 2? I remember reading all the info several times and don't remember it. Regardless - yes I spoke with Melanie and she called a supervisor immediately (no one else did this) and assured me the code would be removed and I would get the weeks (I live in an EB state) but she couldn't tell me when. It is absolutely inexcusable that they are in essence discriminating against us. Does anyone have direct access info of how to get ahold of a person with real authority? It's a matter of deleting the code off of our file but a "regular" can't do it and the supervisors have to do I don't know what and so they can't do it today.

sherbetarchitect

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Cam in FL on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 am

I'm shocked when reading these posts this morning. Not only has it been such an emotional waiting game just to receive updates & payments, now benefits are being suspended and in some cases reconsidered & reduced.

I realized the response to this program has been overwhelming for AWI. I'm well aware the daunting task at hand required in reviewing 90,000 plus applications. I realize the man power required to operate and carry out such a daunting task, and I understand & acknowledge the challenge. What I don't understand is why we're treated like the illiterate and ignorant as we simply phone in for a status, or to ask a simple question. Why isn't anyone prepared? This program has very few gray areas, for the most part it's pretty well black and white. But to receive a black and white answer is damn near impossible! SHEESH!


Last edited by Cam in FL on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cam in FL

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 42
Location : Boca Raton, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 am

Hello!!! Hey folkls, I claimed my 5 weeks this morning with no trouble whatsoever, i have already claimed in total 8 weeks,. i just went to see how much i have left but it has not been updated because i just finished claiming on line, so i guess it will be either after 12 or 3.... willkeep you posted later on today.
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  jon813 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:57 am

received a check yesterday for 4 weeks. than they updated and the issued another 3 weeks. But it is still not letting me claim my next weeks. It still tells me that my next claim date is 7/13/09 but when i go to claim weeks it won't let me? Does anyone know why it is still doing this. Should i mail out the paper one that they sent me with the orignal packet or should i just wait until they let me? Please help

jon813

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:37 pm

JON, i think ini this case your best bet is to call them asap and see what's going on, or, wait until they update again, either at 12 noon or after 3 pm to see if they have updated your account i order to be able to claim, if not, then you still have time to call them as i think they work until 5, letus know what happened.
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Thanks UIO! (needing help too)

Post  Robyn on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for starting this site Unemployed in Orlando! If this belongs elsewhere.. i apologize and pls move. Could you look at this timeline to see what, if any, benefits i should still be receiving? I worked 6 1/2 years for previous employer.

-- UC started 9/29/08
-- a new tier (emergency UC? extended? ) started January 2009 - informed in a letter of addtl wks
-- a new tier (insert correct name!) started in May, 2009 - informed by phone of 13 addl wks/amt
-- i claimed wks on 7/7 AND looked at account online which had close to $1600 in it.
-- DD still not in bank

I was keeping track of $$ in acct and not thinking that i hit one year of UC benefits on Sept. 28, 2009. This must be significant cuz as of yesterday morning, my online acct no longer existed. I called someone Monday morning (thanks for posting #'s) who said I would be called Mon afternoon by someone who could help, but I wasn't.. I'm still on phone trying all AWI #s and i hate this!!

Did anyone start getting UC benefits close to when i did - 9- 2008? I can't figure out tiers & everytime i called AWI, no one could explain them.
Thanks for helping!


Last edited by Robyn on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Damn... move this to rolling! Too many hrs on phone...)

Robyn

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Ongoing

Post  brb2007 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Finally got hold of AWI…. Filed 6/18 . everything was approved and put in system on 7/1 but still account not update and no payment yet… They said wait a week or 2…. This really sucks…. They need to get their act together..
avatar
brb2007

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Teresa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:53 pm

brb2007 wrote:Finally got hold of AWI…. Filed 6/18 . everything was approved and put in system on 7/1 but still account not update and no payment yet… They said wait a week or 2…. This really sucks…. They need to get their act together..

so you're still showing no information at all on the website? I filed on the 19th, show nothing. Called today, the woman was so rude. All she would say is that I would be informed via mail. I had to pry it out of her that nothing had been approved yet.

Teresa

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  brb2007 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Teresa wrote:
brb2007 wrote:Finally got hold of AWI…. Filed 6/18 . everything was approved and put in system on 7/1 but still account not update and no payment yet… They said wait a week or 2…. This really sucks…. They need to get their act together..

so you're still showing no information at all on the website? I filed on the 19th, show nothing. Called today, the woman was so rude. All she would say is that I would be informed via mail. I had to pry it out of her that nothing had been approved yet.


Yes the website is not updated yet and still have not recieved anything in the mail from them...... But my EB Claim was approved and pit in the system on 7/1 ..... Two weeks after being approved still nothing...
avatar
brb2007

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  trishl127 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 pm

OK, I applied 06/16 but it was late at night so it probably showed in their system as 06/17 & my accct was just updated as them mailing out 1 week today, so anyone that filed after that should be seeing it this week.

trishl127

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

retro weeks

Post  daytonawanda on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:16 pm

yesterday, i claimed my 6 weeks only to be paid for 4, i called AWI and they said they were posting only 4 weeks at a time to avoid the computer from crashing, i think UNEMPLOYED IN ORLANDO had this problem to, but any way the check for other 2 weeks will be deposited tonight. so dont worry should this happen to you. i hope the system is straight for everybody soon.

daytonawanda

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Cam in FL on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:29 pm

trishl127 wrote:OK, I applied 06/16 but it was late at night so it probably showed in their system as 06/17 & my accct was just updated as them mailing out 1 week today, so anyone that filed after that should be seeing it this week.

G-R-E-A-T news!!! Finally something happening with one us that filed in the latter half of June! I really needed a little good news today! Very Happy
avatar
Cam in FL

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 42
Location : Boca Raton, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum