Unemployed Florida

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

daytonawanda wrote:yesterday, i claimed my 6 weeks only to be paid for 4, i called AWI and they said they were posting only 4 weeks at a time to avoid the computer from crashing, i think UNEMPLOYED IN ORLANDO had this problem to, but any way the check for other 2 weeks will be deposited tonight. so dont worry should this happen to you. i hope the system is straight for everybody soon.

I spoke with Melody at the number listed under contact numbers, its not Melanie, but Melody. The 4 weeks at a time shit is total BS from whoever is telling you that its to avoid the computers crashing. Ive seen people get 8-11 weeks of retro so far without issues. I think I am having a more deeply rooted problem with the system for some reason at the end of the quarter (JULY 1st) applying me for a new claim all together. Then it gives me minimal credits, but I didnt work and those credits shouldnt have even showed up either....sigh.....so now I have to wait up to a week for someone to manually go in and check my account and see if they can put it back to my EB claim so I can get back on track.....I however have no faith in this process whatsoever. @DAYTONAWANDA, I hope this isnt the case for you since you only got 4 weeks. The reason they said behind the 4 weeks is because that takes you up through the end of June, the other 2 of the 6 weeks we claimed are 7/4 and 7/11 which arent paid for me or you either for that matter. I hope you get those 2 weeks like they told you tonight, either way please post if you got them or not so we all can notate this. Thanks....Im so goddamn mad I need to go run for a bit, be back later Mad
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Robyn wrote:Thanks for starting this site Unemployed in Orlando! If this belongs elsewhere.. i apologize and pls move. Could you look at this timeline to see what, if any, benefits i should still be receiving? I worked 6 1/2 years for previous employer.

-- UC started 6/29/08
-- a new tier (emergency UC? extended? ) started January 2009 - informed in a letter of addtl wks
-- a new tier (insert correct name!) started in May, 2009 - informed by phone of 13 addl wks/amt
-- i claimed wks on 7/7 AND looked at account online which had close to $1600 in it.
-- DD still not in bank

I was keeping track of $$ in acct and not thinking that i hit one year of UC benefits on June 28, 2009. This must be significant cuz as of yesterday morning, my online acct no longer existed. I called someone Monday morning (thanks for posting #'s) who said I would be called Mon afternoon by someone who could help, but I wasn't.. I'm still on phone trying all AWI #s and i hate this!!

Did anyone start getting UC benefits close to when i did - June 2008? I can't figure out tiers & everytime i called AWI, no one could explain them.
Thanks for helping!

Hey Robyn, my year started 1/08, I am having so many issued with these people today and I am trying to make sense out of what some of these people have said so far. I swear its a new freaking issue each and every week!!!

*BUMP* Does anyone else have any info they can help Robyn out with whose year started around 6/08, thanks team! Basketball
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:15 pm

UIO!!! Here we go again, i claimed 5 weeks this morning, and now at 3:30 it shows updated and says they issued a check today for ONLY 3 weeks, instead of the five i claimed this morning!!!! what's going on? I am on the phone calling them and i have been dialing for over 20 minutes now, do you know, UIO what is happening???? Sad
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:UIO!!! Here we go again, i claimed 5 weeks this morning, and now at 3:30 it shows updated and says they issued a check today for ONLY 3 weeks, instead of the five i claimed this morning!!!! what's going on? I am on the phone calling them and i have been dialing for over 20 minutes now, do you know, UIO what is happening???? Sad

Maggi, you only claimed 5 and not 6 like everyone else has been? You should have been able to claim all 4 weeks from June then also the first 2 weeks this month ending 7/4 and 7/11. I cant figure out what is going on right now. This is all just total bullshit and is NOT LUMP SUM RETRO PAYMENT like these people told us over and over and over when we called about the EB program. I knew they were just talking smack to get the people who qualified to just remain calm because they had all of these issues to deal with. The only thing I can say Maggi is to hang in there and see if the system processes those other 2 weeks tomorrow after 3pm. At least some other people have had this happen who claimed yesterday where they got 4 weeks showing paid yesterday and then the other 2 of the 6 weeks paid today.
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:26 pm

UIO, what happened is that when I first applied on 6-9 i was able to claim the weeks of 5/23 5/30 and 6/6, those i was paid yesterday, then today i was asked to claim 5 ;more whith everything went ok, then this afternoon it says they only issued a check for 3 weeks, instead of the 5 i claimed this morning, i am finally holding for someone right now, after being on the phone almost an hour, this is insane, hopefully tomorrow they will issue the next two, now i have to call again to claim on 7-28...what do you think??
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:UIO, what happened is that when I first applied on 6-9 i was able to claim the weeks of 5/23 5/30 and 6/6, those i was paid yesterday, then today i was asked to claim 5 ;more whith everything went ok, then this afternoon it says they only issued a check for 3 weeks, instead of the 5 i claimed this morning, i am finally holding for someone right now, after being on the phone almost an hour, this is insane, hopefully tomorrow they will issue the next two, now i have to call again to claim on 7-28...what do you think??

Hang in there till tomorrow afternoon and wait and see if they show paid after the system updates.
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 pm

UIO, thisis what the customer service just told me after I explainedmy problem after being on the phoneholding exactly one hour and 12 minutes!!!!! she says that those two weeks will not be able to be paid until about a week when the "system" is completed to be able to do that, so she told me there is nothing i can do, just wait a week and see if I can claim those two missing weeks,....UIO i was soooo mad i hung up on her, i am sorry i did but i am fuming mad, why they let us claim weeks and then they only give us what they feel like, after all the hullabaloo that we were going to get a lump sum, if tomorrow i don't see those two weeks that i duly claimed today, i am calling back and raising hell tomorrow, this is not right, why they promise one thing and then decide to do otherwise, this is not professional at all, and worst coming from the State!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Processed weeks

Post  elissa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:25 pm

I filed for EB June 11th after I found out the June 2nd app was the wrong one. Anyway after all this time seeing the no automated info avalible for weeks, I finally last week saw the message go ahead and file yourweeks on 7/13 . The system allowed me to claim 12 weeks this morning. I printed the pages now that I dont trust them. I would advise evryone to print the pages. The final comment after I was told of my checks that are issued but not yet recieved was a typo, I guess. It told me my next date to claim would be 7/13, well duh! I just did that!

I will check now to see if there have been any more updates since that this am study

elissa

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:UIO, thisis what the customer service just told me after I explainedmy problem after being on the phoneholding exactly one hour and 12 minutes!!!!! she says that those two weeks will not be able to be paid until about a week when the "system" is completed to be able to do that, so she told me there is nothing i can do, just wait a week and see if I can claim those two missing weeks,....UIO i was soooo mad i hung up on her, i am sorry i did but i am fuming mad, why they let us claim weeks and then they only give us what they feel like, after all the hullabaloo that we were going to get a lump sum, if tomorrow i don't see those two weeks that i duly claimed today, i am calling back and raising hell tomorrow, this is not right, why they promise one thing and then decide to do otherwise, this is not professional at all, and worst coming from the State!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I would suggest if you dont see those 2 weeks showing payment tomorrow after 3pm Maggi then to call Melody at the number listed under the AWI Contacts thread. Get her or someone on the phone besides that stupid 2418 line, you should know better than to call those retards affraid If you get Melodys' voicemail, press 0 and it will get you to another agent.
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  elissa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 pm

The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 09/17/06.
Your weekly benefit amount is $275.00.
Your available credits were: $5416.00.

A check in the amount of $550.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 2 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $50.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 2 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.


Your Balance is $2116.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 07/27/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day

WHAT HAPPENED TO A RETRO CHECK FOR 12 WEEKS ARE THEY INSANE?? Mad

elissa

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Elissa, Im convinced there never was such a thing as "Lump Sum Retro Payment". Its the only thing they could say to keep 250,000 people from calling every hour for 8 weeks straight.
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:33 pm

HEY! THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY, EXACTLY THE SAME, HAPPENED TO FLMOMMYOF2, claimed 5 weeks and later saw they only issued a check for 3 weeks.
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Jenn on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:37 pm

I received a check for a bunch of weeks, then today it said the rest was mailed out. I never even claimed on line, it wouldn't work for me, but when I called yesterday, though I thought she said she couldn't, I thnk the lady I talked to claimed them for me, so I'm done now....my 11 weeks is done.
avatar
Jenn

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 46
Location : Tampa Bay Area

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  elissa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:07 pm

I am thankful for anything believe me, but what is with the lies and deception? I am thinking maybe grounds for a class action? There needs to be some accountability here. When this runs out then what will we do go through this all over again? Heaven fordid they give us all of it so we could get back on our feeet or use it to start up a business. Just when you think it has sunk to its lowest, they throw us a crumb then it starts all over again. All of you waiting on your opportunity to hear some good news dont get your hopes up too high. A lepoard cant change its spots. OUTRAGEOUS!! pig oink oink

elissa

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Cam in FL on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:36 pm

elissa wrote:The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 09/17/06.
Your weekly benefit amount is $275.00.
Your available credits were: $5416.00.

A check in the amount of $550.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 2 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $50.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 2 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.


Your Balance is $2116.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 07/27/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day

WHAT HAPPENED TO A RETRO CHECK FOR 12 WEEKS ARE THEY INSANE?? Mad

Do the math......your claim balance is only $2116.00....they're paying you out your 10 weeks retro.....they paid you out 2 today....$550......the difference between your available credits and remaining balance is exactly 10 weeks....bet you'll see the system update tomorrow afternoon and you'll see the retro 10 week payment coming your way....don't hold me to it, but that's what's been happening with everyone else!! they're getting paid out 1 - 2 weeks on the first day, and then the remaining thereafter.....hope that makes you feel a little better! Wink oh, and don't forget, the additional $250 stimulus too, ($25 X 10 weeks)...
avatar
Cam in FL

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 42
Location : Boca Raton, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  elissa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Thank you Cam, now I understand. I hope you are right ,best of luck to you. Very Happy Very Happy

elissa

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Jacqui on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Jenn wrote:I received a check for a bunch of weeks, then today it said the rest was mailed out. I never even claimed on line, it wouldn't work for me, but when I called yesterday, though I thought she said she couldn't, I thnk the lady I talked to claimed them for me, so I'm done now....my 11 weeks is done.

Jenn you will bump up to 16 weeks unless 11 weeks is your 80% of your initial claim. they said you had to be paid out first up thru 4/18 and then it would bump up. is 11 weeks 80% of your initial claim?

Jacqui

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  suicidal on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I applied on 06/16 and this morning this is the updated info I get.

The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 04/20/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $275.00.
Your available credits were: $5500.00. No checks have been issued on your claim.

Your Balance is $5500.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 07/13/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day.

—Also, I didn’t submit any retro weeks when I filed so it allow me to claim retro weeks (4) without any problem.

suicidal

Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  nancym on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Robyn wrote:I can't figure out tiers & everytime i called AWI, no one could explain them. Thanks for helping!

Robyn, it seems you have the unfortunate coincidence of the end of your benefit year at the same time that AWI is going through mass confusion with the new extension. It's normally routine for AWI to check up with us at the end of our benefit year to make sure we have not earned enough money to qualify for a new regular benefit claim (and thus start back with the 26 weeks again). But with the phone crunch and systems overload it's obviously taking longer than usual to establish that your are not eligible for a new year (unless you did substantial enough work to qualify). Once that is established, then they put you back to where you left off in the system.

You must have some paperwork from AWI that defines how many weeks you were approved for, i.e., determination letters for each set of weeks--right? And have you earned any money?--if nothing or not much, you should go back to your original claim year when the dust settles. If you can't get through on the phone, try the email as a backup--it's on the Contact link on the AWI site.

This link to a post I made today might help clarify a few things, especially if you were getting the full number of 26 weeks and the max amount on your original claim.:

benefit weeks sequence


Last edited by nancym on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : notification change)
avatar
nancym

Posts : 725
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : FL

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  hungry in orange city on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Thank God, this is my latest info as of now, and it just let me claim 4 weeks online. Applied 6/16 online.

The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 02/24/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $275.00.
Your available credits were: $5500.00.

A check in the amount of $1976.00, was issued on 07/15/09 for 8 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $176.00, was issued on 07/15/09 for 8 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.


Your Balance is $3300.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 07/13/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day.
avatar
hungry in orange city

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 52
Location : Orange City,Fl

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Cam in FL on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Hungry in Orange City.............GREAT news, so glad to hear your claim has updated and you've got some $$$ coming your way! Very Happy
avatar
Cam in FL

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 42
Location : Boca Raton, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Cam in FL on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

elissa wrote:Thank you Cam, now I understand. I hope you are right ,best of luck to you. Very Happy Very Happy

Elissa...has your claim info updated this afternoon to account for the retro payments? i'm interested to hear how this unfolds!!
avatar
Cam in FL

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 42
Location : Boca Raton, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:35 pm

UIO!!!! It's like you said,,,,,at 1:45 the claim showed they updated to pay the extra two weeks from yesterday that weren't paid, so now, as soon as I receive the payments in the bank for yesterday and today, I am up to date with the remainder of the weeks, i will not feel ok until I see those 5 in the bank.

HUNGRY, i am soooo glad things worked out, finally !
avatar
Maggi MIami

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Kendall, Miami, FLorida

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  hungry in orange city on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:46 pm

I will post as soon as the $ hits my account, I have BOA.
avatar
hungry in orange city

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 52
Location : Orange City,Fl

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:UIO!!!! It's like you said,,,,,at 1:45 the claim showed they updated to pay the extra two weeks from yesterday that weren't paid, so now, as soon as I receive the payments in the bank for yesterday and today, I am up to date with the remainder of the weeks, i will not feel ok until I see those 5 in the bank.

HUNGRY, i am soooo glad things worked out, finally !

Awesome Maggi! Im glad to hear it processed today! Looks like we are making progress! bounce
avatar
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 44
Location : Altamonte Springs, FL.

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum