Unemployed Florida

What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

Post  sohel2010 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:04 am

Well, I'm getting closer and closer to graduating but I'm confused on what to take in college.i wanna be a web designer.what courses should i take. i wanna make the websites i make interactive attractive and great and also have fun doing it. but it looks like i should take both web designing and graphic design or what ever.

sohel2010

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

Post  Sheila on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 pm

sohel2010 wrote:Well, I'm getting closer and closer to graduating but I'm confused on what to take in college.i wanna be a web designer.what courses should i take. i wanna make the websites i make interactive attractive and great and also have fun doing it. but it looks like i should take both web designing and graphic design or what ever.

There is a big difference between web design and graphic design. People are under the false impression that anyone can design a web site. That's not true, not a good one anyway. Website design has to do with programming. ( A good web designer will learn how to hard code a site in a specific language. You should do research on that.) A web designer also needs to learn how to design and implement databases along with login (hard coded) pages and learn how to design or add ecommerce apps. A graphic designer deals strictly with graphics or images. There are many graphic programs to learn, most employers prefer adobe photoshop or InDesign. Usually a graphic designer works with a web designer to make a website.

Source: Been in the business since 1998

Sheila

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top