Unemployed Florida

Legal Aid Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legal Aid Help

Post  Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Got a PM from one of our new users, great info to share for you guys!

From valoryg To Unemployed In Orlando, Today at 14:17

You might want to consider posting a link to the search engine for legal services in that part of the forum which lists other helping agencies. The link is
http://www.floridalawhelp.org/FL/index.cfm.
Among other activities, legal services offices throughout the state provide free legal assistance in the area of public benefits (including food stamps, cash assistance, Medicaid, disability, and unemployment compensation) for financially eligible individuals and families.
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

http://unemployed-florida.topdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Legal Aid

Post  Prunie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:40 pm

I contacted the Orange County Bar Association Legal Aid Society when I received my Denial Letter and had my intake appointment this morning, they were very helpful, and I was approved to have an attorney present whenever the Appeal Hearing is scheduled. Once I receive the notification, I''ll contact Legal Aid and have the phone hearing in their offices. I arrived a little early for my appointment and was brought back for the interview quickly. The whole process took about 2 hours, and they will want any documentation you have received and any additional information, documents, witnesses you feel you will need. The only problem I had was with parking. To be free of the meter and garage parking it was a bit of a hike to the offices at 100 E. Robinson St. in downtown Orlando, but a lovely walk around Lake Eola. To schedule call them at 407-841-8310. Their website is www.legalaidocba.org

Prunie

Back to top Go down

Legal Aid

Post  Sheila on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 am

Good information. Please keep in mind that many unemployed do NOT qualify for subsidies, even legal aide.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Legal Aid

Post  Prunie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:16 am

Update: I did have an appeal hearing and was represented by Orange County Bar Association's Legal Aid Society. They will also continue to represent me if the employer appeals the hearing officer's decision. They were very helpful, and they interview applicants on an individual basis for qualifying for their assistance. The attorney I worked with literally is doing 2 or 3 hearings a day. If you are in Orlando area and have been denied unemployment benefits, it is worth seeing if they can assist you. It boosted my confidence, just having someone to listen and agree I had been wrongfully terminated.

Prunie

Back to top Go down

Re: Legal Aid Help

Post  nancym on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:25 am

That's great news, Prunie! cheers
nancym

Back to top Go down

Re: Legal Aid Help

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top